Today I’ll be sharing what I got in my August 2017 Target Beauty Box! Yes, Target has their own monthly beauty box and it’s only $7! It usually sells out super fast but last I checked it was still available – so hurry up and snatch one for yourself before it’s gone! (Edit: It’s now sold out.)
The box itself is very simple, sleek, and sturdy and neatly holds all the products. Inside, the info card tells us the theme this month is “Hello, Routine,” giving us products “that’ll make the most out of your daily regimen.” The back of the card lists the various items in the box and includes a coupon for $3 off a beauty purchase of $15 or more which I really appreciate.
Inside the Box
Herbal Essences Argan Oil Shampoo – 1.4 oz – $.60
- One of the main reasons why Herbal Essences is one of my favorite drugstore shampoo brands is because I love their scents and this sample smells SO nice! It’s color-safe formula consists of argan oil, aloe, and sea kelp which helps to “nurture, smooth, and repair hair in just 21 days.” Also paraben and gluten-free – score!
up & up Facial Wipes – 25 towelettes – $3.84
- Woot! I can never have enough makeup wipes and I love that this is full sized! These contain vitamin E, aloe, chamomille, green tea leaf and cucumber and claims to remove all traces of makeup even waterproof mascara. While I didn’t wear waterproof mascara, it did remove my makeup well, was very soft, didn’t irritate my skin, and smelled fine – all good in my book!
Dove Clear Finish Dry Spray Deodorant – 3.8 oz – $5.49
- Yay for another full sized product! I haven’t tried a spray deodorant before so this was a new experience! My verdict is I’m a fan! It had a nice scent that had me feeling fresh throughout the day and it went on clear and dried instantly! It also claims up to 48 hours of odor and wetness protection! Not bad at all! I think I prefer this over a stick deodorant!
Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips -1 nose strip – $1
- I’m not a huge fan of the Target up & up brand pore strips, but the Biore ones are ah-mazing! I have huge, clogged pores and I get such satisfaction seeing the all the removed dirt on the strip! Compared to other brands, I feel like Biore removes the most and gives the best end result.
SpaLife Nourishing Orange Facial Mask – 1 facial mask – $2.49
- I’m saving this to pamper myself on one of my spa nights so I haven’t used it yet. I love trying out different sheet masks though so I was happy to see one included. These paraben and sulfate-free masks contains natural fruit extract. This one uses oranges which contain lots of Vitamin C which increase collagen production and keeps skin firm. Sounds good to me!
Garnier Clearly Brighter Daily Scrub – 1 oz – $1.25
- This exfoliating gel cleanser claims to help smooth and refine pores, even and brighten skin tone, and wash away dirt, oil, and makeup in one step. It did a good job of making my skin feel clean and refreshed and the argan nut exfoliant didn’t irritate my skin at all. The scent is also amazing. While it’s difficult for me to tell if it did all that it claims, it was a pretty decent overall scrub.
Value and Verdict
With a value of about $15, I got more than double what I paid for with this box! While that is a bit lower than past boxes, I still think it’s pretty good especially since you get some full sized products in here as well as the coupon which I’ll certainly use along with everything else in the box!
Check out my other subscription box unboxings and reviews!