The last month of 2016 is here and how quickly it came! I honestly can’t believe it’s already December! It really hasn’t hit me yet how fast this year has blown by. Maybe it’s because I’ve been sick and stuck in bed so much that I’m in this little bubble/limbo where if it weren’t for Mystic Messenger (lol), I wouldn’t know sometimes when one day ends and another begins.
That’s a bit of a downer so let me bring it back up with some long-awaited good news regarding my health. On my last test, it looks like the doctors finally (after nearly 9 months) have a lead on a diagnosis and want to discuss treatment options on my next appointment. This has been a true answer to prayer. It’s been so difficult facing daily pain, nausea, and migraines without knowing why. And to finally have a “why” and to hear the word “treatment” is something I and loved ones have been hoping for all year. God is so good always!
I completed 4 out of last month’s 9 goals. Considering how difficult of a month it was and also how close I got to reaching some of them, I am not disappointed in the slightest. This month I’m giving myself 7 goals – keep reading to see what they are!
Alright, first let’s see how things went in November..
November Goals Recap
1. Catch up on my Bible reading – I’ve been catching up but I’m not fully caught up. I’m still happy with the progress I’ve made though and that I’ve been actively reading nearly every day!
Complete a new cosplay – Yay!! My Mystic Messenger MC cosplay was super simple, but it counts nonetheless! So happy I was actually feeling well enough too to go to the meetup (post coming one day…too many posts this month! >.<) and meet some awesome fans of the game!
Start saving money for Christmas gifts – I think I did a pretty decent job of saving up money in November…at least up until Cyber Monday where I went and spent quite a bit of that saved money on gifts for others and yes, on myself. Luckily, I’ve been getting more hours at work and have been earning a bit more which is such a blessing that I’m not breaking the bank!
4. Clean out my makeup collection – I threw out a handful of stuff but haven’t done a thorough cleaning yet.
Create my first digital fanart piece using a tablet – Yay!! Yes, I did this! I’ve done a couple digital art drawings and have been playing around with coloring and shading. With each drawing, I feel like I learn and improve a lot. I’m looking forward to continuing to learn and draw more fanart. Maybe one day I’ll feel comfortable enough to even post some of it here.
1. Post on Instagram at least 4 times a week – Definitely did not do this…mostly due to the fact that I just don’t have anything to post pictures of >.< I’ve been sick in bed pretty much all this month so there hasn’t been much to show. Half of the pictures I did post are from months or even the year before, hence my constantly changing hair color and length.
Blog consistently – Not quite the 9 of last month, but 7 is still better than the 5 post months I’d had so I’ll be kind to myself and let me have this one. Again, I have 9 posts planned for this month, I’m going to hope I’m able to get them all up!
3. Reach 1,000 Likes on Facebook -Wow, I was being overly optimistic with this goal knowing I’d need over 200 likes to achieve but 949 is pretty awesome! That’s 0ver 160+ news likes in one month!!
4. Gain 50 Followers on Bloglovin and Google+ – Unfortunately, my growth on these two platforms really decreased this month and I wasn’t able to reach this goal. 31 new followers on Bloglovin isn’t anything to sneeze at though! Really struggling to find ways to utilize Google+ which is probably why my follower count only went up 13 – still I’m thankful for any new growth ^^ If you want to help me out, you can follow me on Bloglovin here and Google+ here. Thank you in advance!
1. Pamper myself – November was a rough month for my body. Like I said, I was stuck in bed most days including Thanksgiving and my boyfriend’s birthday and it definitely made me have some negative thoughts about how weak and “useless” my body is. I know these are just lies and insecurities coming out, and I need to be much kinder to myself and this wonderful body God has given me even when dealing with a chronic illness. I do often overlook the importance of self-care and this month think I should do little things to treat myself like doing my nails (I just painted them for the first time since the beginning of October yesterday), doing a face mask, or getting a massage.
2. Clean out makeup collection – Keeping this goal because I just bought a good amount of new makeup over Cyber Monday and feel like I really should cross this off before everything starts coming in mid-December.
3. Read a book – I’ve started several books, but I haven’t finished a book in several months. With my travel plans and hopefully relaxing time back home, I’ll be able to knock one out before the end of the year!
1. Create two gift guides – I always post my personal Christmas wishlist but this year I want to share at least two geeky-themed gift guides with you! I know if I want to make this happen, I have to get on it! Useless to have a gift guide posted just days before Christmas! Hopefully, you’ll see the first of these later this week (along with my aforementioned wishlist) 😉
2. Make a “Best/Favorite of 2016” post – Every year, I start thinking about doing a “Best of 2016” makeup/hair/trends/etc roundup for the year – and last year I got super close, had the HUGE post all written, then it just disappeared!! Whyyy?? – but it never ends up happening. I would love to change that this year!
3. Schedule posts for when I travel home – You think time away from work back home where you can just relax every day would be the perfect time to catch up on blog posts wouldn’t you? One would think that…and I always tell myself this is what is going to happen, but it never does and I need to be honest with myself about that XD I have a very slow laptop and I hate working on it. Without my desktop, I can’t imagine myself doing much blogging at home so it’s essential that I schedule posts during that time. This isn’t a big deal to most people, but I’m a *terrible* scheduler. Most of my posts I write the night before or publish as soon as I finish so here’s hoping I feel well enough to do a little extra work before my trip home.
4. Reach 1,000 Likes on Facebook -Keeping this goal from last month as well because it’d be so amazing to cross this off at the end of the year! If you’d like to help me reach this goal, please Like my Facebook page. Thank you, thank you!!