- St. Jude’s Laptop Bag (Lucky Brand, $35) –100% of this stylish laptop bag’s net profits will go towards benefiting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- L’Oreal Paris Color of Hope Eye Makeup in Bouquet of Strength – (L’Oreal, $9) – $1 from each item sold goes to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.
- Eye Wish Palette (Smashbox, $45) – Purchasing this limited edition Smashbox makeup palette (worth $240) will help a child fight a life-threatening illness through the Children’s Miracle Network.
- Organic Shea Butter Hand Lotion (Out of Africa, $6) – Your purchase will help provide education to children in West Africa and supports PBS educational programs.
- St. Jude’s Gumball Machine (Juicy Couture, $25) – 100% of the net profits of this adorable gumball machine will benefit the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Soft Hands, Kind Heart Hand Cream (The Body Shop, $7) – 100% of net proceeds will go to ECPAT to help stop sex trafficking of children and young people.
- Love Lisa SPF 15 Lip Balm (Too Faced, $16) – A large portion of the sales will go towards helping to find a cure for melanoma disease.
- Last Letters Home DVD (HBO, $20) – The net proceeds will benefit the families of soldiers who have died in military operations in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere since 9/11.
- Breast Cancer Crusade Strap Watch (Avon, $15) – 100% of the net profits will be donated to the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade.
- Rachel Roy Tote UNICEF Charity Tote (Shop Bop, $20) – For each of these totally cute bags sold, designer Rachel Roy will donate $20 to the US Fund for UNICEF in support of food relief efforts in Pakistan.
- Brow Marker in taupe (Laura Geller, $23) – A portion of the proceeds will help fund research solutions for lung cancer.
- Satya Tree of Life Necklace (Satya Jewelry, $45) – 100% of the net proceeds of this beautiful necklace designed by actress Kristen Bell (adore her) will go towards Invisible Children’s programs in Uganda.
- Silver Glitter Women’s Shoes (TOMS, $54) – For every pair of shoes sold, TOMS will give a new pair of shoes to a child in need. Why not try these stylish pair?
- St. Jude’s “Give Thanks” Shirt (DKNY Jeans, $24) – Look good while you’re doing good like Jennifer Aniston! 100% of net profits benefits the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Destined For Smoothness Gift Set (Aveda, $51) – Your purchase will help support communities protecting the rainforest in Columbia. (Sorry, I realized after I had made the collage that it was over $50)
So you all know who I think got it right at the Globes. Now, here’s who I think needs to hire a new stylist (in no particular order because they’re all tragic).
Helena Bonham Carter: This look is the epitome of “Hot Mess.”
Lea Michelle: Reminds me of Pepto Bismol. Not a fan of her messy hair either.
Halle Berry: This dress screams cougar.
Julianne Moore: Someone get this woman an iron STAT!
Jennifer Love Hewitt: What is up with that neckline??
Kaley Cuoco: The odd tiering of the lower half of the dress is just wrong.
Agree/Disagree?? Did I leave someone out? Comment and give me your thoughts!
|Glee’s Dianna Agron and Naya Rivera|
Honestly, I was a littlelet down by most of the stars’ fashion choices this year – maybe they’re savingthe good stuff for the big award shows like the Golden Globes and AcademyAwards? Let’s hope so. However, there were a few bright spots, and withoutfurther adieu, my top 5 red, I mean, sapphire carpet picks:
Doesn’t everyone love presents? This year, Santa was, once again, very generous, although my dad did tell me that the jolly man was having a hard time coming up with gifts for me so… to compensate for the fact that my sister got an iPhone (now we’re a complete iPhone family), iPad, guitar, and $300 Coach purse, among the usual lot of dvds, video games, etc, I get to do some sweet after-Christmas shopping. Sounds good to me.
Despite what my dad said, I still think I made out pretty nicely. Here’s a quick rundown of what I got from not just Santa, but the rest of my family, as well.
– Avatar: The Last Airbender Seasons 1-3
– Community Season 1
– Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Vol. 1-3
– Supernatural Season 5 **wishlist item!
– The Vampire Diaries Season 1
– The Venture Brothers Season 3
Video Games for PS3
– Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
– Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions
– Spiderman: Web of Shadows
– Bebe Eau de Parfum
– Chanel Chance Eau de Toilette
– Michael Kors Island Bermuda Giftset
– Victoria’s Secret Noir Giftset
– Barbie Basics doll
– Breakfast at Tiffany’s coasters
– Death Note manga box set
– Express skirt
– Garmin GPS
– Roy Mustang plush and keychain
– Spike Speigel figure
– Taylor Swift’s Speak Now CD **wishlist item!
– Vera Bradley “Imperial Noille” note cards & mailbox
How blessed/spoiled am I, right? Don’t worry, I know this is a season of giving not getting. And as much, as I love receiving gifts, I love giving them even more!
What did you all get for Christmas?
I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Christmas!! Mine was filled with good food, great presents, and quality time with family. No special post today, just some random Christmas-related pictures. 🙂
Left: My sister and I after we just finished decorating the tree (the picture doesn’t do it justice).
Right: Another tradition: each family member has their own special ornament. Mine’s a cute, high-heeled shoe. Suits me perfectly.
Left: My cat, Xander, got to join in on the “open one gift from dad” Christmas Eve tradition. He got a 3-foot scratching post (and loves it).
Right: My Christmas outfit! Dress from Express (bought on Clearance for $24). Shoes were bought brand new at Goodwill (Target brand) for $4.
Next post: What I got for Christmas!! =)
I hope everyone has been having a wonderful Christmas Eve! I know I have! My family is very laid back (I wouldn’t have it any other way) and our evening together consisted of a dinner of grilled hotdogs (done from the balcony of our apartment) and curly fries, while watching the Nicktoons marathon of Avatar: The Last Airbender (FTW!).My family has several Christmas traditions and one of them is to open one gift from my dad on Christmas Eve. This year I got a “Justin Case” Roadside Assistance kit. I guess my dad heard about my 2 consecutive “Worst Driver” awards. It even comes with an “SOS banner.”
Another tradition is for my dad to make his special hot cocoa for my sister and I in our cute Santa mugs. I asked him how he makes this seriously delicious concoction. Here, my friends, is how (you’re welcome):
For one cup of hot cocoa:
1 cup of milk 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
3 teaspoons of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
A drop of cinnamon extract
(All measurements are approximations. You can add more or less milk to taste.)
1. Heat up ½ cup of milk for 1 minute a in microwave oven.
2. Mix in cocoa and sugar. If desired, strain into another cup to get rid of cocoa clumps.
3. Add rest of milk and marshmallows.
4. Heat up for another minute.
5. Stir in vanilla and cinnamon extract.
6. Add more marshmallows, if desired.
What are some of your Christmas traditions?