- Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus eleven questions for the people you have tagged to answer.
- Choose eleven people and link them in your tag.
- Go to their page and tell them.
- No tag backs.
- You legitimately have to tag.
- I’m obsessed with maxi skirts and dresses.
- I have the entire China Glaze Colours From the Capitol nail polish collection.
- I have never seen a Transformers movie.
- My family has moved four times all within the same county – the name of which is my street address in college.
- I’ve only cosplayed once, but I want to do it again.
- I’m in an Asian sorority and a co-ed fraternity.
- I’ve tried to dye my naturally dark brown hair blonde twice.
- I had a Harry Potter party for my 22nd birthday.
- I like to read and write fan fiction.
- I have 70 floors on Tiny Tower.
- I’m planning on starting a Youtube channel soon ^_^
- What is the last book you read? The Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
- Is your hair curly, wavy, or straight? Naturally wavy
- Mac or PC? Mac
- Have you ever purchased and used a Groupon? Yes, several. I love them!
- Do you enjoy cooking? I honestly wish I had more time to do it because when I do, I love it (even if I’m not the best cook)!
- Do you have any pets? I have two cats with me in college and another seven back home.
- WordPress or Blogger? Blogger. I’ved used WordPress before and had to deal with soooo much spam.
- If you had to give up either Facebook or makeup for the rest of your life, which would you choose? Facebook! I use Twitter more anyway, and I’d be such a hot mess without my makeup.
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be everything from a farmer, politician, Egyptologist, and actress.
- Do you have any scars? How did you get them? I have one on my forehead from a burn I got as a child and one on my right arm where one of our cats bit me. It looks like a vampire or snake bite which is kind of cool.
- Dream job? Publicist for a fashion/beauty/entertainment company <3
- Do you have a nickname? Yes, Manda/y, Manda Panda (self-explanatory) and Banana (inside joke with my line sisters)
- Have you ever subscribed to a beauty box and if so which one/s? As of right now, I am subscribed to Birchbox, MyGlam, Eco-Emi, and Julep Maven.
- Favorite YouTuber? Obsessed with missglamorazzi and jennamarbles
- Which song is currently stuck in your head? Fun.’s “We Are Young” and Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used to Know”
- Morning or night person? Definitely night.
- Celebrity crush? Ian Somerhalder <3
- If you could visit any country, where would you go? Tokyo, Japan
- What was your first job? Worked concession at the movie theater
- Favorite childhood tv shows? The Power Rangers and Sailor Moon were my life.
- What food could you eat everyday and not get tired of? Pho! (a Vietnamese noodle soup) sooo good!!
- Last movie you saw? Cabin in the Woods – simply amazing. Joss doesn’t disappoint.
- Becca – Back for Tea
- Taylor – Girl Meets Beauty
- Nicola – Nikscritsx
- Holly – Blog of a Cosmetics Junkie
- Sashka – My Beauty Memoirs
- Nadine – College Girl
- Sophie – Duck and Egg
- Joy – A Vintage Joy
- Kayley – Lavender Blush Beauty
- Lucy – Lucinda Baby Doll
- JoJo – Forever in Pink
It’s been a while since I’ve done a fun little tag so when I saw this cute geek-themed Christmas blog challenge by Katy from Oh So Geeky, I couldn’t help myself. If you’d like to join in on the geeky fun, be sure to check out her original post with the questions then let me know so I can read your answers!
Oh, and while I’ve realized that the extra room I’m staying at in my aunt’s house is waaaay too dark to ever film a video inside, the backyard is quite nice! Loveee all that natural light! This will probably be my usual recording space unless I’m doing tutorials and get ready with me videos…then I will have to do those at my sister’s apartment or somewhere else. I’ll figure it out eventually! xD
1. What is your favorite Valentines Day treat?
2. Sweethearts or chocolate covered strawberries?
3. What was your favorite Valentines day memory?
4. What movie would you rather watch on Valentine’s Day: Pretty Woman or You’ve Got Mail?
5. What celeb would you not mind having as your Valentine?
6. What would you do on your perfect Valentine’s date?
7. Red or pink lips on Valentines Day?
8. What is your ideal Valentine’s Day date outfit?
9. Homemade or store-bought gifts?
10. Would you wear your hair up or hair down for a date night?
1. Favorite Fall lip product?
For me, fall is all about berry and plum colored lips! It’s the only time of the year that I’m this dark and daring with my lip color so I milk it for all it’s worth before I go back to light pinks and nudes in the winter. My favorite lip product for fall is, of course, a Revlon Lip Butter – Raspberry Pie, to be exact. It’s SUPER pigmented and a beautiful berry color. I find that it is even more pigmented than some of my department store lip sticks. I also love my NARS Larger Than Life lip gloss in Place Vendome. And of course, as mentioned in my October Favorites, my MAC Rebel lipstick. Drugstore-wise, I really love Maybelline’s Blissful Berry.
2. Favorite Fall Nail Polish?
I am in love with this fall’s nail trends! I love the deep reds, midnight blues, and jewel tones as well as the earthy tones and neutral greys on the other end of the spectrum. My favorite nail polish this season would probably be Essie’s Bahama Mama – it’s just such a gorgeous, dark vampy color; Orly’s Rage – the perfect rose gold polish; and China Glaze’s Argo, Autumn Harvest, and Foie Gras from the Hunger Games collection.
3. Favorite Starbucks Fall Drink?
I am all about the Pumpkin Spice!
4. Favorite Fall Candle?
Soooo cliché, but I loveeee the Leaves candle from Bath and Body Works. Thank goodness to the many gurus out there who talk about this candle or I may have never discovered it (I very much doubt I would have ever picked up a candle called “Leaves”). I am also loving the Pumpkin Cupcake candle – two of my favorite things combined in a candle – how could I not love it?
5. Favorite Fall Scarf or accessory
I love my oxblood Rebecca Minkoff Mini M.A.C. purse that I received for my birthday. Not only is the color perfect for fall but it’s also perfect for an FSU student since our colors are garnet and gold so bonus! My favorite scarf I bought from Topshop when I was backpacking in Europe.
6. Haunted house, haunted hay ride, or haunted corn maze?
What’s a haunted corn maze? Probably something they don’t have in Florida haha. Um, these things don’t really scare me, but I say hay ride because at least you get to sit down! Yes, I’m lazy.
7. Favorite Halloween movie?
My favorite Halloween-themed movie is probably The Nightmare Before Christmas. I remember loving this movie as a kid even if Mr. Boogie gave me nightmares. My favorite horror movie is Psycho which, thanks to the new Hitchcock previews, I’ve been itching to watch again really soon. Ooh! Growing up, I also loved watching the Disney channel original movie Halloweentown.
8. Favorite candy to eat on Halloween?
I love sour candies! They make my mouth water just thinking about them! Reese’s are also a favorite as are Almond Joys – even if I don’t like almonds. Yes, I know about Mounds…
9. What are you dressing up as for Halloween?!
I love showing off my nerdiness through my costumes! I went as Daenerys from Game of Thrones one night and Bellatrix Lestrange from Harry Potter another (:
10. What is your Favorite thing about Fall?
The weather! In Florida, the summer is so HOT so when fall hits with its breezy, cool weather it is glorious. Plus, with cooler weather comes the accompanying warmer clothes: boots, layering pieces, sweaters, jackets, scarves – I loveee fall clothes.
That’s it for this tag! Hope you guys enjoyed it! What are your answers? Feel free to do this tag yourself and put a link to your post in the comments section, I’d love to read it! (:
Today, I decided to show you guys a really simple and easy everyday makeup look that I do when I’m in a hurry or when I just want to keep my makeup very light that day. This is a look I feel you can wear year-round since it is very neutral and natural. This was my go-to look for most of the summer and am still rocking it in the fall…and will do so in the winter too. It’s also super affordable because all the products I used (minus brushes and eyelash curler) can be bought at the drugstore.
♡ PRODUCTS USED (these are pretty much my most reached for items)
– Revlon Colorstay for Combination/Oily Skin in Natural Beige
– Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory
– Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Medium Sand
– NYC Bronzing Powder in Sunny
– Rimmel blush in Pink Sorbet
– Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
– Covergirl Shimmering Sands palette
– Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner
– Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting
– China Glaze “Foie Gras” (from the Hunger Games collection)
I’m finally doing one of my favorite tags, the 7 Deadly Sins of Beauty Tag! I’ve really been enjoying the responses to this tag on Youtube and other blogs, and couldn’t wait to participate in it myself! I know I’m a bit late getting on the train but better late than never!
Note: I recorded this video in one super long 21-minute take so I had to cut out a lot of stuff to keep it at a reasonable length and not bore you all to death with my rambling. Hope the editing isn’t as jarring as my lighting and fast talking lol.
1. GREED – What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?
My most inexpensive would definitely be one of my E.L.F. products. Here, I have my All Over Color stick because I know for certain this was only a dollar. I really don’t use it that often. Sometimes if I’m running late to class or I’m not wearing any makeup that day and I just need a little color, I’ll put a little on my cheeks so I don’t look like a completely zombie.
My most expensive would be my Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Eye Cream which retails for $68. I know that’s crazy expensive but this product really is amazing and worth the investment (especially for someone who has very sensitive under eye areas like me). Plus, you really don’t need that much so it lasts a long time. I also wanted to add on that my biggest splurge product would probably be my Chanel Aqua Vitalumiere foundation which I think is $54. It’s my absolute favorite foundation, but I only wear it for special occasions because it’s so pricey. I am fortunate enough that I do get all of these products at a discount though because I work within a Dillards.
My Lush products have taken some work to get since I don’t live anywhere near one. Some products like my Lush Cupcake Mask can only be purchased in store so even if I wanted to order everything online, that’s still one product I wouldn’t be able to get my hands on. Also, any new MAC collection is always a hassle to get (ESPECIALLY the lipsticks!).
And that is it for questions! I had a lot of fun doing this, and if you haven’t participated in this tag yet, I tag you! I would loveee to read your responses! Also, if you’ve already done this tag, feel free to post a link to it in the comments and I’ll check it out! Have a wonderful rest of the day!