I can’t believe it’s only three weeks until Christmas! I’ve already finished up most of my Christmas shopping which makes me realize I’m probably putting this post up a bit too late to genuinely be useful to anyone (sorry, family!) as they too have probably already finished up most of their shopping…although, to give myself some credit, I actually think this is the earliest in December I’ve posted my Christmas wishlist in the 5+ years I’ve had this blog.
Yes, I think I’ve made a Christmas Wishlist every year since 2010 and even though I’m at the age now where if I really want something, I can just go out and get it for myself instead of hoping to find it under the tree from Santa (although those days were magical and Santa really did spoil me as a kid), I want to keep this post tradition going and share with you all what my personal wish list items are for Christmas (or otherwise)!
Less than 2 weeks until my 27th birthday?? Whaaa–?? Where has the year – no, YEARS gone?? I can barely wrap my head around the fact that I’m in my “mid-twenties” – it just seems too crazy! When did I become a “grown up?”
Every year, the calendar indicates I get older, but I certainly don’t FEEL any older. Okay, my metabolism is pretty much shot and yeah, I’ve got a lot of health issues I’m dealing with but mentally I don’t feel older. Just check out the things on my birthday wishlist. ^^
Why does it get harder and harder each year to think of stuff you want for Christmas? My family has been asking me the last couple weeks what I’d like, but I’ve been so busy with end-of-the-year work stuff and exams, putting together a “Christmas list” hasn’t been much of a priority so that’s why I haven’t posted it until now. I realize it’s too late to help anyone out anymore (sorry, Daddy!) but for anyone curious about what I’m currently loving this holiday season, here ya go:
- Darth Vader Inspired Leather Jacket – Many of the fashions at Her Universe are hit and miss with me – I usually prefer the styles over at We Love Fine a bit more, but I am ALL about this jacket! Love the subtle details that a Star Wars fan would definitely recognize, but that it’s totally wearable for everyday. Not a bad price point either!
- Comfy Boots – Sometimes I just want to leave my apartment in my sweatpants whether it’s just to get the mail or get groceries and regular boots just won’t do. They certainly don’t need to be Uggs as they are quite pricey, but as long as they’re comfortable, easy to slip on, and fit – I’ll have no complaints about what it looks like or what brand it is.
- Heated Blanket – I’m always cold, and I love the feeling of being wrapped up in a blanket. A warm blanket. This would be perfect for those cold winter nights where I just can’t get warm fast enough.
- Fuzzy Socks – For my perpetually cold feet. Plus, who doesn’t love cute fuzzy socks?
- Sleeping bag – I went camping for the first time this year then later “camped” out overnight at the Chinese Theater for Star Wars tickets – both times I had to borrow my boyfriend’s sleeping bag because I don’t have one. I plan on doing more camping trips this coming year and *hope* to soon have a sleeping bag to call my own.
- Covergirl Star Wars Makeup Collection – There was a time I would’ve bought the entire collection, but I’m really trying to cut back on my makeup purchases – at least until I use up a good portion of it. Still, this is Star Wars so I’d like to have a few of the items especially the Super Sizer mascara since it’s my current go-to mascara that I absolutely love and maybe one of the more wearable lipstick colors and a nail polish.
- Small Drop Earrings – I used to be into big hoop earrings then big drop earrings then no earrings at all – now I’ll wear earrings occasionally for special occasions or when I’m feeling fancy and when I do, I like them small and dainty. Not a stud, I still want a little something hanging but nothing that will feel like it’s weighing down my ear or will get tangled in my hair.
- Loot Crate subscription – I’ve been eyeing this monthly subscription box for gamers, geeks and nerds for some time now – the quality and variety of the items/fandoms in each box really impresses me and I think it’d be something super fun to receive each month.
- 2016 Moleskine Planner – With my busy schedule, it’s probably not too surprising that I’m pretty attached to my planner. I love my 2015 Moleskine planner and wish it could keep going all through 2016 but, alas, it’s end is near and it will be time for a new one. Luckily, Moleskine has a Star Wars collection for 2016 which I can’t wait to get my hands on!
- iMac Desktop Computer – One day. One day I will gift this to myself. Gotta keep saving up!
What’s on your Christmas list this year?
Another year gone by so quickly! I will be turning 26 this Friday, October 2nd. As per tradition, here is my annual birthday wish list of things that I am loving right now.
- Urban Decay Naked Smokey Palette – My go-to eyeshadow palettes, I’ve always been a big fan of Urban Decay’s “Naked” line and this palette certainly doesn’t disappoint with 12 beautiful shades. Over the summer, I took a break from smokey eyes, but with the arrival of fall I think I’m ready to bring them back!
- Disneyland Tickets or Pass – I want to go to Disneyland SO bad!! I haven’t been to any Disney parks since I was a kid, and I would love to change that! Those tickets aren’t cheap though!
- Mexican or Heated Blanket – I am chronically cold and must always have a blanket near me. I chose these two particular kinds of blankets because I’ve been getting nostalgic for Mexican blankets which I had growing up, and I’ve always wanted a heated blanket!
- Dress Form – I sell clothes online as well as dabble in cosplay so having a dress form would be great for clothing photography and, of course, sewing purposes.
- Polaroid Camera – I’ve always wanted a polaroid camera! I love taking polaroids and having actual physical photographs to use and decorate as I please.
- Star Wars Tops – I’ve been obsessed with Welovefine’s Star Wars tank tops! I love their dropped armhole, raw edge style and the fact that they’re so cool and trendy looking I can wear them everywhere from conventions to working out to lounging around my apartment to girl’s night out or date night. I have 4 of them already and would love to add this Skywalker Landspeed Tank to my rotation.
- Shoes – I’m not really a shoe person, but you wouldn’t think that if you looked at my shoe collection. Unfortunately, most of my shoes have never been worn and I’m in the process of selling many of them (holler if you’re a size 6.5/7!) because I know I’ll never wear them. I don’t go out much anymore so I don’t have much use for fancy heels, but I could definitely use some casual everyday shoes. These Vans Perf Slip Ons look stylish, comfy, and versatile for everyday wear.
- Cute baking stuff – Oven mitts, ice trays, cake pans, cookie cutters, etc – make it a cute and nerdy and I’ll love it.
- Class Pass – I’ve heard nothing but great things from the handful of friends who have done this. While my current schedule would make it nearly impossible for me to really utilize it, if it ever clears up a bit (however unlikely for at least the next 11 months), I would love to try it.
- Puzzles – I am a jigsaw puzzle maniac! I could literally do them all day and night. My boyfriend has already earned major points by getting me a 750 piece puzzle on his recent trip to Seattle which I’m super looking forward to doing!
Do you have an upcoming birthday? What’s on your wishlist?
In less than 2 weeks, I will be a quarter of a century old. I really can’t believe how fast time flies. There’s just no way I’m turning 25! And yet, I am.
My dad and sister have been asking me what I would like as a gift so instead of just forwarding them my Amazon wish list, I thought I’d put together for them a nice convenient little blog post. And yes, I do plan to treat myself with one some of these items. Sooooo here we go!
My Birthday Wish List
- Wacom Intuous Pro Pen and Touch Tablet – I’ve been drawing most of my life and have dabbled in coloring my traditional art in Photoshop with a mouse, but I know that nowhere compares to what one can do with a pen and tablet. Drawing is one of my hobbies that brings me such joy and sense of accomplishment – I’m happy with what I can do with paper and pencil. but I would love to take my art to the next level and start doing more digital work. I’ve contemplated getting a tablet in the past, but was a little intimidated. I’ve now done my research and feel ready to take this step.
- Attack On Titan: Colossal Edition – I discovered this amazing show over the summer and it has quickly become my favorite anime ever, yes ever. I thought about buying some of the manga volumes, but then heard about this “Colossal” edition which contains the first five volumes and 15 color pages. Sounds like a good deal to me!
- iTunes Gift Cards – I’ve recently been introduced to the world of otome games and have taken quite a liking become absolutely OBSESSED with them. I’m pretty sure in this last month I’ve charged more to iTunes for these games than I have for food. So, yes, if you have absolutely no idea what to get me as a gift- you cannot go wrong with these in any amount.
- Custom Plushie – I’ve always always wanted a custom plushie. Daddy, Melissa, if you are reading this and contemplating to do this, please let me know and I will forward you several images of my favorite otome characters. This will take a little extra effort but it WILL make my life.
- A Song of Ice and Fire 5-Book Set – Even though I love the complex world of Westeros and enjoy the books more than the show, I actually have never owned any of the books! I’ve always borrowed them from others! Me getting this box set will happen eventually. If not now, then later, but until then it’s on the wish list.
- Subscription to Q Box – This is basically a subscription box for CUTE things, and goodness, do they deliver on the cute. Their past boxes are filled with such adorable, quality items – no wonder they’re sold out until November! I’ve researched a lot of different subscription boxes and this definitely looks to be my favorite!
- Mini Freezer – I live in a bachelor apartment which means I don’t have a full-sized kitchen. I have a sink and a mini-fridge. If you know me, I love the Trader Joe’s frozen section as well as keeping frozen fruits for my Nutri-Bullet smoothies. I have not been able to do this for a while since I do not have a freezer. A mini freezer would totally rectify this situation!
- Haircut – My sister recently lopped off a good 10″ or so of hair and looks absolutely adorable. Every time I see her I can’t help but point out how cute she looks. Not saying I’m brave enough to do the same, but my hair definitely could use a good, quality cut. My split ends and layers are out of control.
- Combat Boots – I have been on the lookout for a cute pair of everyday combat boots for, well, forever. I LOVE the way they look and definitely would love a pair for fall.
- Gym Membership – I remember when I had two gym memberships (thank you, Groupon) in college on top of the free on campus gym. I also remember back when I had a good metabolism *cries* Now, I do have my elliptical out on the balcony which I love, but boy do I miss actually going to a gym with AC. Also, I’m excited to show off my new VS Sport gear and wear cute athletic tanks like this Free! one from lookhuman.com.
Also anything from the aforementioned lookhuman.com
. Things like THIS
Star Trek Spock Oven Mitt or THIS
cute Sailor Moon baseball tee (all baseball tees currently on sale for $20!) are right up my alley.
Anyone else have a birthday in October? What’s on your wish list?
My dad texts me nearly every day for me to send him my Christmas List (otherwise, he has no idea what to get me). With so much going on these last weeks before winter break, it wasn’t exactly a priority, but now with exams over (WOOT!), I was finally able to sit down and compile my annual list of semi-affordable sought after items. Here’s what my most fashionable and practical list to date consisted of:
- Crosley Portable USB Turntable (Urban Outfitters, $160) – saw this at Urban Thread and fell in love – with this I’ll be able to finally listen to all my dad’s old ABBA and Beatles vinyl records, as well as my iPod (and it’s portable!). Love.
- Wispy Pointelle Cardigan (Anthropologie, $60) – so pretty and feminine, I can see myself matching this with everything from dresses to jeans.
Red Rose Patch Dress (Topshop, $100)- this is one of those dresses that can easily transition from season to season – just throw on a coat and tights and you’re ready for the winter!
- Camino Metallic-Knit Sweater (Marc by Marc Jacobs, $138) – I love the neutral colors on this sweater, and I can definitely dress it up or down.
- Naked2 Palette (Urban Decay, $50) – speaking of neutral colors…I’m jumping on the bandwagon here, but after seeing the gorgeous colors in the set my Big had, I could care less.
- Kindle Fire (Amazon.com, $199) – my sister has an iPad and while she loves it, I’d be perfectly content with a Kindle – nothing beats a real paper bound book to me, but it sure is a lot easier to carry around.
- Day Ladies Black Quilted Victoria Rain Boots (Kembrel, $90) – ever since I moved to Tallahassee I’ve been looking for the perfect rain boots for me…and I think I finally found them – love the classic black, quilting, and ribbon lacing!
- Salmon Ballet Pumps (Topshop, $32) – it is so difficult for me to find a truly comfortable pair of flats and Topshop’s are like heaven to my feet – I’ve just about worn out the ones I got in Dublin, so it’s about time for a new pair.
- Community Season 2 on DVD (Amazon.com, $22) – probably one of the most underrated shows on TV right now, every episode surprises me with its sheer creativity and originality. Plus, I love Joel McHale.
- JewelMint and ShoeMint pieces ($30 and $80, respectively) – just as I got hooked on Kate Bosworth’s JewelMint (looking forward to my Nordic necklace in the mail), I learned about the launch of Rachel Bilson’s ShoeMint (who, as most of you guys know, I’m obsessed about). Last time I checked all the shoes were sold out, but I seriously can’t wait to get my hands on a pair of Rachel-designed, Steven Madden-made shoes.
What else made the list?
- A good trench coat – this is one thing sorely missing from my wardrobe. Since I can’t exactly shell out $1,000+ for Burberry, I’ve been looking at alternatives. I really love Anthropologie’s Elevenses Pansy Corset Trench – it’s so unique and lovely with the print and lacing!
- Jeffrey Campbell Taupe Suede Litas (Urban Outfitters, $160) – I’ve heard nothing good things about these shoes, and I can’t wait to own a pair myself. Yeah, they’re a little pricey, but they’re definitely worth the investment!
- Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception for PS3 – because this is probably my favorite PS3 game series and you can expect me to devote a good chunk of time towards playing it – and my sister is right, the guy from Psych does look like the game character.
- Art of Catwalk 90-Day Membership (Art of the Catwalk, $180) – my old membership expired this semester (I remember when it was only $300 for a whole year) and I miss it so much. Two of my littles have recently started going and it’s made me realize just how much I miss it. I only have about 3 months left here anyway and I’ll have a lot more free time next semester, so why not?
- Supernatural: The Anime Series on Blu-Ray (Amazon.com, $32) – it’s Supernatural and anime – how do I not already own this?
What’s on your list this year?
- Water based cleanser – Cosrx Low PH Good Morning Gel Cleanser 150ml $10.73
- Exfoliator -Dr.G Brightening Peeling Gel, 4.2 Ounce $16.35
- Toner – Etude House Wonder Pore Freshener 250ml $13.25
- Essence- Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence 100ml $15.58
- Ampoule/Serum – Klairs Freshly Juiced Drop 5% Pure Vitamin, Stabilized Vitamin-C, Rejuvenating & Brightening Effect $23.50
and Cosrx Centella Blemish Ampoule 20ml $21.90
- Eye cream -Innisfree Orchid Eye Cream 30ml $20.17
- Moisturizer – Innisfree Intense Cream $21.79
- Sleeping Mask – Cosrx Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Mask, 50 g $14.65
- Sun protection factor -Cosrx Aloe Soothing Sun Cream SPF50 $13.34
Nexcare Acne Absorbing Cover, Two Sizes, 36 Count
Almay Liquid Eyeliner, Black 221, 0.1 Ounce Package $6.06
Valentine’s Day is this Monday!! As my first ever Valentine’s Day with a significant other, you can imagine how excited I am. As I wait for the day to come, I’ve put together a little Valentine’s Day Wishlist (I had to strongly refrain myself from putting Andrew Garfield on the list). My number one wish would be for me to finally be over and done with this nasty flu, but I know whether that happens or not *crosses fingers*, I’m sure to have a wonderful V-Day because I’m with such an awesome guy *cue awws*.
- Cupcakes from Lucy & Leo’s
- To FINALLY see Black Swan (or 127 Hours)
- A nerdy necklace from Casstasstrophe
- A cute, nerdy plushie
- Godiva chocolate-covered strawberries
- Wildfox Couture Big Love oversize sweatshirt in Witchberry
- Pink roses
- Purr by Katy Perry Eau de Parfum
- To rewatch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- To no longer be sick!!!