Today I’m sharing with you what I wore for my birthday dinner earlier this month! Read on for more details!
- Urban Decay Naked Smokey Palette – My go-to eyeshadow palettes, I’ve always been a big fan of Urban Decay’s “Naked” line and this palette certainly doesn’t disappoint with 12 beautiful shades. Over the summer, I took a break from smokey eyes, but with the arrival of fall I think I’m ready to bring them back!
- Disneyland Tickets or Pass – I want to go to Disneyland SO bad!! I haven’t been to any Disney parks since I was a kid, and I would love to change that! Those tickets aren’t cheap though!
- Mexican or Heated Blanket – I am chronically cold and must always have a blanket near me. I chose these two particular kinds of blankets because I’ve been getting nostalgic for Mexican blankets which I had growing up, and I’ve always wanted a heated blanket!
- Dress Form – I sell clothes online as well as dabble in cosplay so having a dress form would be great for clothing photography and, of course, sewing purposes.
- Polaroid Camera – I’ve always wanted a polaroid camera! I love taking polaroids and having actual physical photographs to use and decorate as I please.
- Star Wars Tops – I’ve been obsessed with Welovefine’s Star Wars tank tops! I love their dropped armhole, raw edge style and the fact that they’re so cool and trendy looking I can wear them everywhere from conventions to working out to lounging around my apartment to girl’s night out or date night. I have 4 of them already and would love to add this Skywalker Landspeed Tank to my rotation.
- Shoes – I’m not really a shoe person, but you wouldn’t think that if you looked at my shoe collection. Unfortunately, most of my shoes have never been worn and I’m in the process of selling many of them (holler if you’re a size 6.5/7!) because I know I’ll never wear them. I don’t go out much anymore so I don’t have much use for fancy heels, but I could definitely use some casual everyday shoes. These Vans Perf Slip Ons look stylish, comfy, and versatile for everyday wear.
- Cute baking stuff – Oven mitts, ice trays, cake pans, cookie cutters, etc – make it a cute and nerdy and I’ll love it.
- Class Pass – I’ve heard nothing but great things from the handful of friends who have done this. While my current schedule would make it nearly impossible for me to really utilize it, if it ever clears up a bit (however unlikely for at least the next 11 months), I would love to try it.
- Puzzles – I am a jigsaw puzzle maniac! I could literally do them all day and night. My boyfriend has already earned major points by getting me a 750 piece puzzle on his recent trip to Seattle which I’m super looking forward to doing!
- Wacom Intuous Pro Pen and Touch Tablet – I’ve been drawing most of my life and have dabbled in coloring my traditional art in Photoshop with a mouse, but I know that nowhere compares to what one can do with a pen and tablet. Drawing is one of my hobbies that brings me such joy and sense of accomplishment – I’m happy with what I can do with paper and pencil. but I would love to take my art to the next level and start doing more digital work. I’ve contemplated getting a tablet in the past, but was a little intimidated. I’ve now done my research and feel ready to take this step.
- Attack On Titan: Colossal Edition – I discovered this amazing show over the summer and it has quickly become my favorite anime ever, yes ever. I thought about buying some of the manga volumes, but then heard about this “Colossal” edition which contains the first five volumes and 15 color pages. Sounds like a good deal to me!
- iTunes Gift Cards – I’ve recently been introduced to the world of otome games and have taken quite a liking become absolutely OBSESSED with them. I’m pretty sure in this last month I’ve charged more to iTunes for these games than I have for food. So, yes, if you have absolutely no idea what to get me as a gift- you cannot go wrong with these in any amount.
- Custom Plushie – I’ve always always wanted a custom plushie. Daddy, Melissa, if you are reading this and contemplating to do this, please let me know and I will forward you several images of my favorite otome characters. This will take a little extra effort but it WILL make my life.
- A Song of Ice and Fire 5-Book Set – Even though I love the complex world of Westeros and enjoy the books more than the show, I actually have never owned any of the books! I’ve always borrowed them from others! Me getting this box set will happen eventually. If not now, then later, but until then it’s on the wish list.
- Subscription to Q Box – This is basically a subscription box for CUTE things, and goodness, do they deliver on the cute. Their past boxes are filled with such adorable, quality items – no wonder they’re sold out until November! I’ve researched a lot of different subscription boxes and this definitely looks to be my favorite!
- Mini Freezer – I live in a bachelor apartment which means I don’t have a full-sized kitchen. I have a sink and a mini-fridge. If you know me, I love the Trader Joe’s frozen section as well as keeping frozen fruits for my Nutri-Bullet smoothies. I have not been able to do this for a while since I do not have a freezer. A mini freezer would totally rectify this situation!
- Haircut – My sister recently lopped off a good 10″ or so of hair and looks absolutely adorable. Every time I see her I can’t help but point out how cute she looks. Not saying I’m brave enough to do the same, but my hair definitely could use a good, quality cut. My split ends and layers are out of control.
- Combat Boots – I have been on the lookout for a cute pair of everyday combat boots for, well, forever. I LOVE the way they look and definitely would love a pair for fall.
- Gym Membership – I remember when I had two gym memberships (thank you, Groupon) in college on top of the free on campus gym. I also remember back when I had a good metabolism *cries* Now, I do have my elliptical out on the balcony which I love, but boy do I miss actually going to a gym with AC. Also, I’m excited to show off my new VS Sport gear and wear cute athletic tanks like this Free! one from lookhuman.com.
Less than 2 weeks until my 27th birthday?? Whaaa–?? Where has the year – no, YEARS gone?? I can barely wrap my head around the fact that I’m in my “mid-twenties” – it just seems too crazy! When did I become a “grown up?”
Every year, the calendar indicates I get older, but I certainly don’t FEEL any older. Okay, my metabolism is pretty much shot and yeah, I’ve got a lot of health issues I’m dealing with but mentally I don’t feel older. Just check out the things on my birthday wishlist. ^^