- Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara – This mascara has a tiny wand and bristles specifically made for your lower lashes! It doesn’t smear or clump and really makes your eyes pop! Love it!
- Maybelline master GLAZE by Face Studio in “Make A Mauve” – I’ve been loving this berry color cheek tint for the winter! I just put it high up on my cheekbones and blend with my fingers – looks incredibly natural and dewey on my fair skin.
- MAC Mineral Blush in “Love Joy” – Absolutely GORGEOUS blush that I love using on my cheeks and for contouring at times because it’s so pigmented and I love how it warms up my face. It has undertones of gold shimmer which just gives you an amazing radiant and glowy look.
- Dorco Razors – Since I have sensitive skin, I love using men’s razors. My dad told me about these when I was researching more affordable razor options like Dollar Shave Club. I HIGHLY recommend these! Found on Amazon, they are great quality razors for an INCREDIBLE price!
- Spiced Apple Toddy Candle from Bath & Body Works – Holidays are over but that doesn’t mean I’m ready to let them go! This smells like Christmas to me and I plan on burning it all throughout the winter!
- Brown American Eagle Outfitters Combat Boots – I have been wanting a pair of combat boots FOREVER! These are amazing – super comfortable, affordable, easy to wear, and go with just about anything!
- Inateck Grey Felt Macbook Case Sleeve Bag – So obsessed with with this! I think it just looks so grown up and classy! The price is also terrific especially for what looks and feels like such a high quality product! Also love that it has multiple pockets (I’ll sometimes put both my iPad and phone it in as well as pens or memory cards) and the little pouch for chargers and cords is a cute bonus!
- The Star Wars Graphic Novel – Based on the rough draft script by George Lucas, this is an entirely story than the one we all know and love. Incredibly fast moving with lots of action and interesting characters who, though their names may be familiar, are pretty different from their movie counterparts. Great read!
- Jane the Virgin – Very underrated and charming show with a super likable and talented lead in Gina Rodriguez. Despite the telenovella-like storytelling, it is incredibly grounded with fleshed out characters that never seems like caricatures.
- Imitation Game – Maybe not the best movie of the year, but one that I incredibly enjoyed. Tragic story of a brilliant and fascinating (count how many times I say that in my video) man with phenomenal performances – especially Benedict Cumberbath – probably his best screen acting to date.
- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in 54 “Boy” – I’ve had this lipstick for a while but like many of my high end products, I usually just whip them out for special occasions. However, this past month I’ve found myself reaching for this quite a bit. It’s a a great pink/mauve-y color for those with fair skin like myself. It’s very sheer but for those who like to embrace their natural lip color (me!) this is fantastic as it gives just a hint of color for that ‘my lips but slightly better look’. Downside is that it does not last very long so you must reapply it often. Although if it is close to your natural lip color I guess fading isn’t that big of an issue…Also, I love it with a smokey eye. I can definitely see this becoming a winter staple.
- NYX HD Photogenic Concealer in CW03 Light – I LOVE using this product under my eyes and to highlight the bridge of my nose. The coverage is great, it blends well, and it’s super affordable. Win!
- Maybelline Mega Plush Volum’ Express Mascara – I originally wrote this mascara off after a few uses as I didn’t like the odd bendy wand, however, I’m glad that I revisited it as it’s my new go-to everyday mascara. It doesn’t clump or smudge, holds a curl, is very buildable, and feels very light not weighing down your lashes. What I like best is how it doesn’t dry out my lashes or make them hard and crunchy, but instead keeps them soft.
- Rimmel Moisture Renew 380 Vintage Pink Lipstick – Super creamy formula and EXTREMELY hydrating, I love how this makes my lips feel! It’s definitely more of a mauve color than pink, but still very wearable for day or night especially in the fall! *Unfortunately, I heard that it has been discontinued 🙁
- Bath and Body Works Pumpkin Cupcake Candle – I’ve been loving how this fills my little apartment with such a sweet, deliciously fall scent!
- Cat Lover Forever21 PJ Set – I am indeed a cat lover, and I love this pajama set! Super cute and comfy and I love the phrase “Cats Are A Girl’s Best Friend” on the top!
- Trader Joe’s Speculoos Cookie Butter – The Speculoos cookies are a favorite of mine so I can’t believe I am just now discovering this heaven-sent product. YUM.
- Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun – This beats Ranma 1/2 as my favorite comedic anime! So original and clever – especially in how they play with typical shoujo tropes – and with a hilarious cast of characters, this had me laughing out loud in every episode! I need a second season STAT!
- How to Get Away With Murder – Probably my favorite show of the new fall season, this show is incredibly addicting! While the characters aren’t exactly likable, I love the unique storytelling format they use in each episode going back and forth between the present time and the future where the students are seen literally trying to get away with murder.
- Taylor Swift’s “1989” – No such thing as a bad Taylor Swift album! I can’t get enough! I love all the songs, but currently beyond obsessed with “Blank Space.” Sing on, girl!
What were your favorites this last month?
Here are my makeup and random favorites from the past two months (since I didn’t get a chance to film for October). Not a lot of new products but that will certainly change next month since I got some great deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday!
I haven’t seen very many movies this summer, but I really wanted to see this one and got the chance to see it in LA. It’s about the apocolapyse that comes along during a party at James Franco’s house. One of the two directors in Seth Rogan who stars in it along with Franco, Jonah Hill, Jay Baruchel, and Craig Robinson (there’s also a TON of celebrity cameos) who all play fictionalized, over-the-top versions of themselves which I thought was genius. I can be a little picky when it comes to comedies as I am not a fan of gross out or crude humor, but I actually found myself laughing out loud in this one. I found it to be super entaining, dare I say smart, self depreciating, truly funny and outrageous, and without giving anything away, I love how it’s not just an apocalypse film but actually fits in several genres and you honestly have no idea what is going to happen next. A great piece of satire (which is actually my favorite kind of comedy).
One of my newest favorites shows! It is a modern prequel to Hitchcock’s Psycho (one of my all-time favorite movies) that takes place in a little town in Oregon that is a lot more than it seems – very Twins Peak-esque. It follows the story of Norman Bates played by a grown up Freddie Highmore (remember him as Charlie from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?), and his mom Norma played by Vera Farmiga. The cast and acting are top notch and there’s a great team behind the scenes as well including former Lost producer Carlton Cuse. It’s intriguing, smart, and well-paced. I can’t wait for the second season!
I discovered this lovely girl not too long ago and just fell in love with her. Upon watching her first video, I honestly felt like we could be very good friends. She’s gorgeous, super down to earth, funny, relatable, and the sweetest, nicest person ever. She’s also very well spoken and very consistent with her videos unlike myself haha – I’m working on it, I promise! She does a wide variety of videos – Favorites, Tags, Hauls, Empties, DIYs, Reviews, and as of this week she just posted her first Get Ready With Me video (watch below!). This girl’s killing it, and I wish her all the best on Youtube and life, and I feel so lucky to be able to call her my friend – love you, Carrie! <3 Be sure to check out her channel and subscribe HERE.
Clean and Clear Acne Spot Treatment – I cannot stress this enough – MIRACLE in a tube!! I’ve been using this little lifesaver since highschool and SWEAR by it!! Put this on your zit, pimple, big ol’ acne spots three times and day and watch that baby disappear!
Elizabeth Arden 8-Hour Cream – This was one of the very first department store “high-end” beauty products I ever bought. I forgot how old I was – maybe 16 when I bought it – and I did so because I remember I kept seeing it being mentioned by various celebrities as one of their “must have” items so I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I’ve probably gone through about 6 tubes of these things since then and this month my appreciation for this wonderful product was renewed. With the cold, severely drying New York weather that I was desperately not prepared for, this product has been another life saver!
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat – Such an amazing top coat!! It dries SUPER fast and leaves such a nice, glossy finish! I paired this baby with my Essie Lilacism and I didn’t chip my nails for one WEEK – you read that right, ONE WEEK. Call me impressed.
Nike Free Run 5.0 sneakers – The best running sneakers ever (and I am picky about my running shoes)! Super cute and super light!! Makes it feel like you are running with no shoes on!
Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation. This is my new favorite drugstore foundation! It is SUPER light feeling! It’s also very moisturizing, blendable, buildable, and natural looking. It still looked great even after 10 hours of wear!
MAC Sheertone Blush in Pinch O’Peach. The name is deceiving as it’s not peach-colored at all. It is a very nice pink color that looks great on those with fair-skin. It gives you a wonderful natural, rosy glow. I’ve been wearing this a lot lately.
Anastasia Brow Powder Duo. I’m just now realizing the tremendous difference filling in your eyebrows (especially when they are as funky as mine) can make! I love this little duo because it’s super convenient and comes in two brown shades. I use the lighter shade to fill in my little sparse areas and the darker to sharpen around the edges. Definitely a product I use everyday!
Diorshow Plumping Lash Serum. This product has easily made it to my Holy Grail list. I have very light eyelashes, but this serum amps them up making them look thicker and longer. Any mascara I use, this enhances it and makes it even better. A little pricey as it is Dior, but worth it and I’ve already purchased a second tube for as soon as this first runs out.
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. Who doesn’t love this product? I’ve always been a fan of my Milk, but I’ve been extra loving it these past two months. Even on days when I go completely bare on the eyes, I’ll still dab on a little bit of this in the corners just to brighten up my face a little bit and not look completely dead even if I do feel like a zombie.
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Cherish Devotion. I love the subtle pink color (it reminds me of MAC’s Creme Cup) and the fact that this stays on for hours! It smells like mint and goes on very smoothly and moisturizes yours lips. The only downside is that it does dry out after a while so I always make sure to pair it with a gloss…like the one below.
NYX Lip Gloss in Beige. Another misleading name – I don’t know why it’s called “Beige” when it’s obviously pink lol. It’s a great everyday color that moisturizes without being too sticky. One of my definite go-to lip glosses.
Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet. I love my lip butters and my latest purchase is no exception. It’s a beautiful super-pigmented deep red color that leaves a nice stain.
China Glaze in Liquid Leather. Look at me becoming a true monochromatic New Yorker! This has been my go to color since moving, since I pretty much don’t go a day without wearing something black anymore, it’s a safe bet no matter what I’m wearing.
Redken All Soft…again! and Real Control. Redken once again makes my monthly favorites for simply working miracles on my hair. I ran out of my old Redken and turned to Clear Scalp Therapy (which is also amazing), but I had to leave those at home. I came up to NYC with my Lush shampoo and conditioner bars which are great in a pinch but not for longer than week, especially in such cold, dry weather. I’m such a cheapie though I didn’t want to bite the bullet and pick up just any NYC-overpriced shampoo but thankfully, on a quick trip back home, I was able to pick up 2 liters of Redken at Ulta during their sale and bring them back up to NYC with me. Just after one wash, my hair was thanking me.
Cup Noodles Chicken Flavor. I lived off of these when I first came to New York. They are SO cheap and easy to make. They’re HORRIBLE for you – there’s 1600mg of sodium in it, but, my goodness, for how tasty they are and at that price…
Bolthouse Farms in Amazing Mango. On the healthier end of the spectrum, I loveee this juice. It’s high in Vitament A, C, and E AND tastes amazing indeed.
Grace and Lace Alpine Thigh Slouch Socks. Aren’t these super cute? I heard about them through missglamorazzi from Youtube. They are so soft and comfy and are great for lounging around the apartment or pairing with boots to keep your feet and legs extra warm.
dav Quilted Victoria Rainboots. I adore these rain boots. They’ve been doubling as my snow boots and go super cute with the Grace and Lace socks. I took my time before buying rain boots because I didn’t want just any rain boots. What I love about this is that it’s simple and sophisticated and the little things like the quilted and lacing details.
Northface Women’s Triclimate Jacket. This jacket is a godsend. I was not properly prepared for the cold weather in New York and this thing has been a life saver. It’s super insulated and keeps me warm without being heavy and bulky.
The Mindy Project. This show is sooo underrated!! I was hooked from the pilot (which I’ve probably seen 6 times now). Mindy Kaling is one of my new role models as she is just so sharp and funny plus has incredible taste and style! I feel like not nearly enough people watch this show and that needs to change STAT.
Django Unchained. Such a GOOD movie!! It’s nearly 3 hours long, but the time flies by because it’s such an entertaining film. Tarantino at his best. No wonder he won the Best Screenplay oscar – the script is brilliant as is the acting.
Jennifer Lawrence. Who doesn’t love this imperfectly perfect flawless human being?
Hey guys!! Here’s another monthly favorites post (I feel like I haven’t done one of these in FOREVER..). This post is also accompanied by my first monthly favorites video (yay!!). October, my favorite month, has come to a close but with its end comes the beginning to my favorite time of the year…the holidays!!
MY OCTOBER FAVORITES:
TV Show: Hart of Dixie
Face: Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory
Face: NYC Bronzing Powder in Sunny
Face: Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
Eyes: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige
Eyes: Bobbi Brown Long Wear Eyeliner Pencil in Jet
Lips: MAC Rebel Lipstick
Nails: Essie Bahama Mama
Nails: Orly Rage
Etc: Sonia Kashuk Makeup Remover
Hair: Batiste Dry Shampoo in Proud and True Brit
Fragrance: Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift
FASHION & ETC:
Candle: Slatkin & Co Pumpkin Cupcake Candle
Accessory: Michael Kors Rosegold Watch
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac purse
Shoes: Vince Camuto boots
Do you guys like any of these products? Tell me what you think! I’m also up for any November recommendations! (:
I’ve missed a couple months, but with the new year I’m bringing back “What I Loved This Month” and renaming it the much simpler “[Past Month’s] Favorites” (because that’s what I do lol). I’ve also added several more categories and divided them by Beauty, Fashion, Entertainment, Etc.
P.S. This is my first post on my BRAND NEW laptop!! My old one finally bit the dust, and now I’m going through the slow process of transferring what data I can from the old one to the new. It’s a bittersweet goodbye, but one that was inevitable after so many months of problems.
P.S.S. I applied and got a sales associate job for BCBG at my local mall!! I also got chosen as a Victoria’s Secret PINK Street Team Member, which I’ll probably talk more about in a later post…
Hope you all had an AMAZING first month of 2012 and here’s hoping February is even better!! (: