Eh, better late than never – right? Without going into too much detail, this past January was rough. That’s an understatement actually, but I’m going to spare you the details as to not depress you. I’m still learning how to deal with everything and not get too overwhelmed. The reason this post is so late is because I decided to take a little break from blogging/social media to take some time for myself so I don’t implode. This included a quick trip to Idaho to get away from the big city for a bit which was quite lovely.
Ooh I do have a bit of happy, positive news! I’M GOING TO AUSTRALIA IN MARCH!!! I’m so excited!! I’ve always wanted to go and now I get to stay with a good friend there and hopefully relax and have a grand time.
Despite a rocky January, I actually did pretty well with my goals! I actually accomplished all my blog goals (woot woot!) and almost all of my personal goals were partially done in some way! Seeing how I’m already half way into the month writing this post, I’m going to keep this month’s goals light. Read on to see what they are!
1. Work out – I have been working out more at home and I even got a gym membership! Only problem is that I still haven’t been to the gym once…the whole not having a car business kind of makes that a bit difficult >.<
2. Create a daily hourly schedule and stick to it – I actually did create a detailed hourly schedule to guide my day but my health (and life) got unpredictable and I haven’t been able to follow it at all. Sigh.
Go ice skating – Yes!!! It was so, so much fun and such a great workout!! My legs and core were so sore! I definitely need to work on upping my endurance for when I go back!
Catch up on my blogging – With 7 posts, I’m just one shy of my 8 post goal I set for myself. Still, not too bad for what turned out to be a very volatile month for me.
Do one cosplay post – Woot!! I finally posted my Mystic Messenger meetup cosplay and experience!
Reach 1,000 Pinterest followers – Ahhhhh I’m at 1,031!! That’s a nice jump from the 942 I started the month with! Thank you, everyone!!
1. Continue to take some time for me – Whenever I take a little break whether it be from work or blogging, once I “come back” I tend to overwork myself trying to “catch up” as fast as I can. Seeing as how I’m still in a fragile state, just because I’m deciding to post here and there, I think it’s still important for me to take it easy and not push myself too hard. As difficult as it is for me to accept, it’s okay to take things a little slow for a while when you’re going through a hard time. Personal life and health comes first!
2. Change up my skincare routine – My old skincare routine just isn’t working for me anymore. I constantly have breakouts, my skin feels oily, and my pores look huge. There are probably several factors contributing to this including the fact that I was using old, probably expired products (don’t worry I threw them out) and have been very, very stressed and overwhelmed (definitely not good for your skin). Even though I’m sure my current products would do fine if I just bought it new, I thought this would be a good time for a complete skincare overhaul. I’ve been researching Korean skincare products for a while now and am looking forward to trying a couple different products out! If you have any suggestions for things that would help with my skin issues, I’d love to hear them in the comments!
1. Schedule posts for when I’m away in March – Since I’ll be gone for over 2 weeks in March without access to my computer, that will most likely mean over 2 weeks without any posts (I just can’t do posts on my phone – major props to those that can) – UNLESS I’m able to schedule a couple posts before I go. I’m absolutely terrible about scheduling posts but here’s hoping that changes!
2. Reach 1,100 Facebook followers – Seeing as there’s just over 2 weeks left of February and I haven’t posted ANYTHING on my Facebook page this month, this might be a bit of a lofty goal but who knows? It felt so good reaching 1,000 at the end of December, I’d love to add a full 100 more by the end of February. If you haven’t yet Liked my Facebook page, you can do so HERE. Please and thank you! <3