Happy New Year, everyone! Hope you all are enjoying 2017! I had a nice, relaxing time back home with my family in Florida for the holidays but now it’s time to jump right back into work!
If you’ve followed my blog for any period of time, you might know that I’ve been dealing with chronic health issues for most of last year. Well, right before I left for the holidays, my doctor gave me an antibiotic to treat a bacterial overgrowth in my intestinal tract and I have been feeling MUCH better! I still had a persistent cold pretty much the entire trip BUT my nausea, migraine, and pain symptoms were MUCH, much lighter and my sleeping habits are almost normal again.
This is all a huge blessing and answer to prayer and even though my health is still not 100%, it’s just so encouraging to finally have some kind of progress! I’m doing my follow-up with my doctor tomorrow and am hoping for more good news! ^^
Overall, 2016 ended pretty well even if I only reached 2 out of my 7 goals – that’s gotta be my worst month yet! >.< My blog was a bit neglected, unfortunately, during a time that is usually the busiest for bloggers as I instead focused on my health, spending time with my family, and thinking about some big possible changes in the new year (if my health recovery pans out). I’ll cover more of this stuff in my 2017 Resolutions post so let’s move on to the topic of this post – this month’s goals and last month’s recap!
Let’s see how we ended the year!
1. Pamper myself – I started the month off pretty well with two face masks in a week, but then didn’t do much more for myself after that. I am hoping to fit in a massage sometime this month though!
2. Clean out makeup collection – I am in the process of doing this, it’s just taking me a bit longer to go through everything >.<
Read a book – I got Luke the book The Cross and the Switchblade for this birthday, and he was so inspired by it, finishing it within a week. I was already wanting to read it, but after his reaction, I couldn’t wait to borrow it and read it myself! I started my last couple of days at home and almost finished it on my flight back to LA. As well as being an incredibly moving and inspirational true story, it’s a short and easy read that definitely keeps the pages turning! I hate that I had to take a break from it when I got back to LA because of all the things that needed to get done once here, but I’m hoping to finish it up ASAP! Even though I haven’t finish it yet, I’m still crossing it off the list because it just said “read” not “finish” a book 😉 (although I will very soon!)
1. Create two gift guides – Total fail here! I did create a Christmas Wishlist but didn’t get around to posting any gift guides – I’m such a failure as a blogger.
2. Make a “Best/Favorite of 2016” post – I’m still hoping to do one! It’ll just be out in mid-January instead of the end of December…again another fail.
3. Schedule posts for when I travel home – Nope. Fail again.
Reach 1,000 Likes on Facebook -Ahh yess!!! 1,000 and counting!! You all are so amazing!! Thank you so much for supporting me and this little blog! I’m so incredibly grateful!! <3
1. Work out – I know, I know, what a cliche start of the year goal. Well, start of the year or not, with my health doing better than it has been for months, I’m excited to get active again and reenergize and strengthen my body. I’ve been inactive for almost a year and I really need to kick my butt into gear whether that’s going to a gym or just working out at home.
2. Create a daily hourly schedule and stick to it – I think I am so much more productive when I have a schedule telling me when to wake up, when to eat, when to blog, etc. Being sick for 9+ months really put my life on pause and now I just want to jumpstart it up again! I think having some structure after having none for so long will do me a lot of good in getting back to the swing of things.
3. Go ice skating – Since watching Yuri On Ice, I’ve been so inspired to get on the ice myself! I did some ice skating several years ago and remember I really enjoyed it and wasn’t too terrible – hopefully the same still holds true now!
1. Catch up on my blogging – I know I’m starting off the month a little behind, but I believe I can catch up! I’d love to have 8 posts up by the end of this month!
2. Do one cosplay post – I have one or two I’ve been saving for a while that keeps getting pushed back that I hope I can finally get up this month!
3. Reach 1,000 Pinterest followers – Now that I’ve reached the 1K milestone for Facebook, I wonder if I can do it for Pinterest? I’m currently at 942 so it’s possible! If you’d like to help me reach this goal, please Follow me on Pinterest! I’d love you forever!! 🙂