Can this year just chill out for a second? It’s going by wayyy too quickly!! How is it seriously November?? Anyone else sad that October is already over? It’s my favorite month so maybe I’m a bit biased.
November does have plenty of it’s own perks though and it does mean that Christmas is that much closer so I guess I can’t be too heart broken. A few things I’m looking forward to in November: my dad visiting, Doctor Strange, my boyfriend’s birthday, Cyber Monday deals (no Black Friday for me) and, of course, Thanksgiving (and Thanksgiving food!). Yep, it’s going to be a
good great month.
Before we talk about this month’s goals, let’s see how things went in October..
October Goals Recap
Write thank you cards – Yay!! Off to a good start! I did write a couple thank you cards, and I even got to use my fancy Vera Bradley stationary that I’ve had FOREVER. ^^
2. Sign up for gym membership – Every week I told myself this was the week I was going to go sign up at Planet Fitness and every week my body told me, “Nope. Nope. Nope.” While it seemed like I was getting a bit better at the end of September, I was consistently feeling weak and nauseous throughout October. It just didn’t make sense to sign up for a gym membership when I wouldn’t really have been able to use it. At least not yet.
1. Start scheduling my social media posts – Ahhh such a fail! I still can’t get used to it! I scheduled maybe 2 tweets at the beginning of the month and that’s it >.< I think it’s because I’m paranoid I won’t like the way something looks when it’s posted xD Silly, I know. This is something I’ll continue to work on. I know it’ll be so worth it once I get the hang of it.
Reorganize my Pinterest – I wasn’t originally going to cross this one off since I didn’t do much after my initial start at the beginning of October…but I will because I did do quite a bit there in the beginning and I technically, I did reorganize my Pinterest as my boards have all been rearranged. I’ll go easy on myself here.
3. Reach 2,000 followers on Instagram – With 1,871 followers, I was 129 short of this goal. Womp, womp. Goodness, getting IG followers is difficult! One day I’ll gain 20, then lose 10, then another 7, but then gain 12, lose 5 more… It fluctuates SO much!! I knew this goal was lofty, but I am really happy with the new followers I’ve gained (nearly 200!) as many of them are genuine and awesome. Quality over quantity.
Okay, so October could’ve been a bit better in terms of accomplishing my goals. For November, I decided to go back to having more than 5 goals. I limited it initially so I could really focus on each of the 5 during the month, but I actually think I do better if there’s less pressure. We’ll see if I’m right. This month, I’m giving myself 9 goals…
1. Catch up on my Bible reading – My Bible reading has been a bit sporadic lately so I’d like to get consistent with it again. I’ve also fallen a bit behind in my reading plan. I like taking my time to read and reflect on the verses. I don’t want to just rush through to catch up. Instead, I want to be more consistent and intentional about reading it whenever I can.
2. Complete a new cosplay – I’m itching to do another cosplay and with an upcoming Mystic Messenger fan gathering this month, I have the perfect excuse. I have only 3 weeks to put it together but I don’t think it’ll be too difficult as most of the characters wear pretty regular clothing. I’m super shy at fan gatherings but hopefully doing a cosplay will make it a bit easier for me to initiate and connect with other fans. I desperately need to meet other people who understand my love for this game. I know they’re out there!!
3. Start saving money for Christmas gifts – I love giving gifts. It just makes me so happy. I know you don’t have to spend a ton of money on gifts but even most homemade DIY gifts aren’t free. I only work part time at the moment so I do need to keep an eye on my finances and budget accordingly if I don’t want my bank account hurting come December (or Cyber Monday).
4. Clean out my makeup collection – I have SO much makeup from my YouTube days (oh how I miss making videos, one day I’ll start them up again). I don’t wear makeup very often and when I do, I keep it pretty light and natural. I know some of my makeup is over 3 years old! …Probably shouldn’t put that stuff on my face or anywhere near my eyes. It’s time for me to declutter and throw that stuff out!
5. Create my first digital fanart piece using a tablet – Beautiful animation and artwork inspires me so much. It’s one of the reasons I love anime so much. I love to draw but I’ve always felt a bit limited by my traditional medium of paper and pencil. I’ve always wanted to learn how to do digital art but the thought just seemed too daunting. My hand-eye coordination isn’t that great. How was I supposed to look at a screen in front of me and not at my drawing utensil below me while drawing? Maybe if I was a teen still, I’d have the time to practice and learn but it just didn’t seem feasible as an adult.
My dad has always been supportive of my art and even got me a Wacom tablet two years ago for my birthday that I never opened…at least not until last week. ^^ That’s right, I’m going to do it! I’m going to teach myself how to use a tablet and make digital art! On my second attempt using the tablet, I was making digital sketches that looked almost as good as my hand drawn sketches so I’m adapting much faster than I could’ve imagined. Here’s hoping I can figure out line art and coloring just as quickly >.<
1. Post on Instagram at least 4 times a week – I remember it being a challenge to just post twice a week! I don’t know how many bloggers do it twice a day! I just don’t take that many photos lol. The last 3 months I’ve averaged 11 photos a month…I know that’s extremely low. I picked it up a little near the end of October so let’s see if that can continue through November.
2. Blog consistently – After two months of only putting out 5 posts, I was so proud of myself for getting back to my usual 9 in October. I know that is still low for a blog, but it’s good for me! Ideally, I’d love to post 3 times a week, but I’m not sure how possible that will be. If I can do 9 again or more this month, I’ll be very happy!
3. Reach 1,000 Likes on Facebook – Next to Bloglovin, my Facebook page has shown the most growth of all my social media accounts with over 200 Likes gained last month. To make this new goal, I will need another 200+. Maybe I’m being overly optimistic, but I’m hoping the upcoming holiday season traffic will help make this possible. If you’d like to help me reach this goal (and totally make my day), please Like my Facebook page. Thank you!!
4. Gain 50 Followers on Bloglovin and Google+ – My Bloglovin followers skyrocketed in October with almost 200 new followers!! And My Google+ followers nearly doubled! I’ve never really focused much time on either of these platforms so maybe it’s time I give them a little attention? I would love it if I could add an extra 50 to each this month. Hopefully October wasn’t just a fluke. If you want to help me out, you can follow me on Bloglovin here and Google+ here. Thank you in advance!