Last month certainly had its ups and downs. but I am super excited for September! Why? Because fall, of course! Fall is my favorite season AND it means my birthday is right around the corner! ^^
Before I recap how I did with my August goals, here’s a quick life update… Sorry it might be a bit of a downer, but I’ll keep it brief.
Despite my best efforts, I’ve gotten quite behind on my blogging. If you keep up with my posts you probably already know, but I’ve been having health issues for the last several months. I had been getting better, but this last month, it took a step backwards and my struggle with chronic pain, nausea, and depression has been getting the better of me.
I’m currently home in Florida with my family for a few days. I’ve, luckily, been feeling a bit better since I’ve been here and even managed to make it out to the Universal theme parks and go flying with my dad! Today, I’m seeing a neurologist and hoping to hear something good.
As you might’ve guessed, I didn’t too hot on my August goals. It is, by far, been my worst month in terms of goals accomplished.
This month, I only gave myself 5 total September goals because I really want to focus on these 5 things. I really hope all of them will be completed in the next monthly recap. We shall see! But first, let’s see how just how bad August was…
August Goals Recap
1. Sell more – My sister and I sold some Comic Con stuff, but not much clothing, unfortunately. I didn’t get around to listing as much as I would’ve liked too or I probably could’ve sold more. Oh well.
2. Get my car to the auto shop – Fail. I’m starting to think I should just trade it in and get another used car. I’m pretty sure my repairs are now costing me more than the actual worth of the car.
3. Eat more veggies – I think I did okay with this, but I know I can do better so I’m not marking it as completed.
Reach 500 likes on Facebook or Pinterest – YAY!!! I’m so happy I met both these goals last month!! Facebook is at 520 and Pinterest 514 – I’m a little shocked I reached my goal despite not posting or promoting very much. Sincere gratitude to all who read my silly little blog and follow me on any of my social media <3
2. Re-organize my Pinterest boards – Didn’t do this at all. In fact, I barely touched Pinterest at all last month. I knew it would be a big project so I kept putting it off for when I could set aside a good chunk of time – well, that time never came, unfortunately -__-
Join a Pinterest group board – I technically did join some group boards, but like I said in my previous goal, I barely touched Pinterest so I almost feel guilty striking this off as I didn’t really post anything to the boards I joined. 🙁
4. Complete my Comic Con recap posts – My last post, my Sunday recap, was scheduled to post on the last day of August, but then I got super behind…on everything. At this point, what I did almost two months ago at Comic Con is not very relevant, but I’m still going to put up a Sunday post…eventually.
5. Create a media kit – That’s three times I failed to do this. At least I found a template to use…baby steps.
1. Start working on my business – Now that I’m done with paralegal school, I really want to make this a priority. I’ve done some research and written down some ideas here and there, but I really want to make a solid business plan and put it to action.
2. Read a book – I started Congo by Michael Crichton at the recommendation of my boyfriend. It certainly has an intriguing start, and I’m looking forward to reading more. I also would like to finish Walking With God by John Eldredge that my community group finished reading, but, of course, I am very behind on.
3. Exercise – On my last doctor appointment, I weighed in heavier than I’ve ever been which was very difficult to hear although not surprising. I’m eating okay, but my chronic pain has made it so difficult to do most physical activities. Even if it hurts, I think I need to keep pushing myself to continue walking as much as I can and exercising whenever I do get a pain-free moment. Goodness, I can’t wait until this is all over with (because I’m going to stay optimistic and have faith I won’t have to live like this forever), and I can join a gym and get a personal trainer to kick my butt back into shape.
1. Catch up on my blogging – Perhaps this is just wishful thinking, but I’m going to do my best.
2. Create a media kit – This is going to happen, people.