Yay! Yesterday I received my February ipsy bag! I was so excited because with the end of my year-long Birchbox subscription last month, it’s my first “beauty box” subscription package I’ve received from my New York apartment. The theme this month was surprisingly not Valentine’s Day themed, but instead “Get Red Carpet Ready” which is still very appropriate with all the award shows this month including the Oscars this Sunday.
What I got in my box:
- Lash Card – These little cards claim to help you say goodbye to messy mascara application by preventing smudging and clumping. They’ll also help you reach all those hard to reach lashes without messing up your eye makeup. There’s two curved sides – one small, one big – on each end so you can choose which fits your eyes. While it’s a cute idea, you can do the same thing using a business card and save money. It’s nice that they’re pre-wrapped though so you can just throw one in your wallet or makeup bag. With code IPSY22, you can get one Lash Card free when you purchase two at lashcard.com.
- POP Beauty Smokey Lash Kappow Mascara – I always like getting sample mascaras in my beauty box subscriptions because they’re great for sticking in your purse or for travel. This black UK brand mascara claims to be both smudge proof and waterproof. Get 20% off at popbeauty.co.uk with the code IPSYPOP.
- Pixi Poreless and Flawless primer – This oil-free, all skin type face primer claims to leave a no-shine finish that smooths out fine lines, leave skin hydrated, and make pores disappear! Sounds pretty awesome – I hope it works because it’s so hard to find a good, reasonably priced primer. Get 20% off at pixibeauty.com when you use the code IPSYPIXI
- Coastal Scents Eye Shadows – I really love Coastal Scents shadows – they’re highly pigmented and are a great value. This sample palette gives you four dime-sized colors to try out that I think will create some really pretty looks. Receive 25% off your purchase at coastalscents.com with the code IPSY.
- MicaBeauty Gel Eyeliner – This claims to glide on smoothly, dry quickly, have long lasting power, and leave a smudge-proof finish! It seems like a regular gel eyeliner, but we shall see. I love that it comes in the little glass container and is basically a full-sized sample. Receive 30% off your purchase at micabeauty.com with the code IPSY.
What did you guys think of this month’s bag?