My dad, sister, and I had several baking nights over Christmas break. On one of these nights, we decided to make a carrot cake with homemade frosting, using a recipe he had found on allrecipes.com. It’s an excellent recipe and makes a delicious, moist cake that even finicky eaters (like my sister who won’t eat pecans in anything else) will love.
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Beat eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir in carrots. If needed, cut them up into smaller pieces.
- Fold in pecans. Feel free to chop these up into smaller pieces, as well.
- Pour mixture into greased and floured 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F 40-50 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then turn out on wire rack cool.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Beat butter, cream cheese, and vanilla.
- Mix in confectioners sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Frost cake, cut yourself a piece, and ENJOY!